Guarino Insurance - Buy Insurance, San Jose CA

FAQs and Links

Company Info
Auto Insurance
Homeowners Insurance
Earthquake Insurance
Flood Insurance
Commercial Business Insurance
Health, Dental, Vision&Life Insurance
FAQ, Blog & Links
Contact Us

Follow us on Twitter!


Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Will my rates increase if I turn in a claim?

A:  It will depend on the insurance company, type of policy and the type of claim. 

If you discover your insurance policy covers a certain type of damage and the cost to repair the damage is greater than your deductible and the impact on your insurance policy premium will be less than the cost of the claim, you should consider turning in the claim. Insurance companies are  generally more concerned with claims frequency than the severity of the claim.  

Your individual health insurance carrier will not raise your rates due to claims.
Your auto insurance carrier may raise your rates if you are at fault in an accident.  Typically auto insurance policies allow you to turn in claims for physical damage to your car not caused by you without raising your rates.

Q: Can I drive anyone's car and be covered on my own policy?

A:  Most quality auto insurance policies will extend coverage for you to drive any private passenger vehicle.  The vehicle's policy is always primary and your auto policy will be secondary.

Q: What is a homeowners policy?

A: A homeowners policy protects your home against certain perils such as fire, theft and vandalism.

Useful Links

The California Department of Insurance

Farmers Insurance Group

US Government Site for People with Medicare

Insurance Information Institute

California Secretary of State

Anthem Blue Cross Small Group and Individual Quoting

Homeowners Checklist-How to make your home fire safe


This site  The Web

Web hosting by